The hCG diet has proven to be a successful means of rapid weight loss for many people. As with most diets, the hCG diet specifies a number of foods you should and should not eat. In order to see maximum results on the diet, you must adhere to the dietary guidelines through every stage of the diet. Failing to do so may limit your progress over the course of the diet.
When dieting, it is often a given that fast food, sugar and other high-calorie foods should be eliminated. In addition to these common foods, here are five foods you should avoid while on the hCG diet:
- Artificial sweetener – In an effort to cut calories added by sugar, many people will substitute sugar for Splenda, Sweet ‘N Low or Equal. These artificial sweeteners may interfere with your weight loss. Natural sweeteners, such as Stevia, are a better sugar alternative.
- Eggs – Excessive amounts of the fatty acid in egg yolks can induce swelling, which will limit your ability to lose weight.
- Pre-packed meals – Even “healthy” pre-packaged meal options contain ingredients and preservatives that may hinder your progress. Many of these meals include corn sweetener, high-fructose corn syrup and other ingredients that may not only make it more difficult to lose weight, but could also increase sugar cravings.
- Ground beef – Beef is one food that is allowed for daily protein, but not ground beef. Like pre-packaged meals, ground beef contains a number of ingredients and preservatives that can affect your weight loss.
- Seasonings – Many seasonings contain excess amounts of salt, which can cause water retention, making weight loss more difficult. Various forms of sugar are also found in many seasonings and flavorings and should be avoided.
The hCG diet should always be administered under the supervision of a medical professional. If you are considering the hCG diet to lose weight, consult with your physician and seek help from a medical professional to administer your diet. Your doctor will be able to offer you specific dietary guidelines to help you achieve maximum results.
Southwest Spine Center, located in Dallas suburb of Carrollton, Texas, offers HCG diet injections and Zerona Laser weight loss systems under the supervision of Dr. Sandra Powers. Call or email us to set up your consultation!